Senior Backend Developer/Engineer
Permanent, Full-Time, Hybrid
At Entia we believe time is our most valuable resource.
We help improve the experience and outcomes of cancer treatment by building medical devices that enable treatment from cancer patients' homes.
We are backed by some of the UK’s leading investors and are working with globally recognised healthcare providers.
We’re looking for a backend engineer to create and improve on Entia’s backend systems, and ensure the data we collect is stored securely with integrity.
What you’ll do:
- Build a web application that helps clinicians virtually manage and monitor patients
- Design, develop, test, review and debug software back-end systems and support front-end development
- Collaborate with the cross-functional team to develop new functionality
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements
- Integrate this solution into the systems used in hospitals
- Ensure that systems are designed to be safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Contribute to the software development process and help define best practices across the full lifecycle, maintaining quality
- Utilise expertise to influence our tech stack
- Identify technical problems and developing fixes for them
- Own the interfaces that exist between the cloud system and physical medical devices
You must have:
- Proficiency with our chosen web stack: PostgreSQL, Python, Django, GraphQL, REST
- Familiarity with AWS EC2
- Previous experience in using containers (Docker) for development, testing and deployment
- Previous experience in integrating a product with the other systems in the healthcare domain
- Experience working with Information Security standards, e.g. DTAC, ISO: 27001
- Strong knowledge of software design, development and documentation practices
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Understanding of the Agile principles and previous experience working in a self-organised team
- Knowledge of version control and CI/CD
- Knowledge of OWASP Top Ten and other security advisories and implement good practices
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to work with big picture thinking
Good to have (but not essential)
- Previous experience FHIR/SNOMED or any other medical standards
- Previous experience working in a regulated industry, preferably healthcare
- Previous experience of having worked in a startup environment
- Previous experience of having coached or mentored junior staff
- Experience with SAST/DAST, CSPM and other security tools
- Experience with ReactJS and TypeScript
To deliver our Mission, we need people who:
- Share our values and believe in our mission wholeheartedly
- Are curious about the world around them and can’t help but ask “Why?”, who challenge assumptions and seek the real problems that need to be solved
- Enjoy working and building relationships with a diverse range of highly capable, multi-disciplinary people
- Think flexibly and proactively to identify and collaboratively solve problems or explore opportunities
- Love learning
- Are motivated by adapting and responding to change, are at ease with uncertainty, excited by the unknown and enjoy a tricky challenge!
- Aspire to be leaders who unite and teach others, proactively give and seek feedback and who value coaching and facilitation
What we can offer you:
- You’ll have responsibility for the development of a system that connects cancer patients with doctors, giving cancer patients more time at home and less time in hospitals
- The chance to be involved in the creation and improvement of systems, processes and culture with far-reaching impact
- A flexible and fun work environment filled with passionate and extremely capable people
- We value learning, so using prototyping / experimental designs to create valuable knowledge and understanding for your team mates, and developing your own backend skills, is an important part of your role
- You’ll be the Backend expert within the company and are able to guide the company in the solution that is adopted
- The Company operates with multifunctional teams, with an opportunity to work within a diverse set of projects/skill sets/technologies
- A salary between £60k - £70k, externally benchmarked and reviewed annually against inflation and performance
- A market leading benefits package
- Our unique culture and ways of working
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
What we can offer you
A chance to make real impact
...both to the people you work with and for millions of people living with cancer through our collaborations with world-leading research institutions, healthcare providers and companies.
Smart people who will change the world
We're building a flexible and fun work environment filled with a very diverse group of passionate and incredibly capable people, where we expect you to challenge the status quo and make real change
A luxurious 43 days off each year (30 days annual leave, 8 flexi-bank holidays taken whenever you like and 5 days of company shutdown at the end of each year), plus volunteering days & sabbatical opportunities
Generous (and equal) Maternity, Paternity and Adoption policies that start to accrue as soon as your probation finishes
We build relationships across the team with our annual company trip, monthly coffee/lunch on us budget, team social events, hack days (and occasional karaoke)
A monthly learning and development budget to support your career and development, fascinating lunch and learns sessions put on by the team, or long table lunches (where work talk is banned)
Salary Sacrifice Schemes
Flexible salary sacrifice benefits schemes including cycle to work, TechScheme, Electric Vehicle scheme and an employer pension contribution of 3% total salary (not just qualifying earnings!)
A high quality Employee Assistance Programme that offers face-to-face and virtual counselling to support you and your family through personal and professional challenges
Valuable Tech and Tools
We provide a range of tech for you, a lively central London workspace and are always working to ensure you have what you need to do great work here. Plus office dog days.
Working for a world where we all live longer and better lives because treatments are personalised to us.
Senior Backend Developer/Engineer
Loading application form
Already working at Entia?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.