Senior Data Scientist
At Entia we believe time is our most valuable resource.
We help improve the experience and outcomes of cancer treatment by building medical devices that enable treatment from cancer patients' homes.
We are backed by some of the UK’s leading investors and are working with globally recognised healthcare providers.
We’re looking for a senior data scientist who will help us deliver value to our stakeholders through the development of algorithmic and data-driven solutions. We are seeking someone who can take an end-to-end understanding of our measurement challenges and lead the delivery of data-led algorithmic solutions to address real-world problems in remote healthcare monitoring.
What you’ll do
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to identify and implement new technical approaches to improve the performance of our products and help us deliver better solutions and provide more value to patients, clinicians and healthcare systems. Expect creative thinking, and stepping outside your area of expertise.
- Share your technical expertise and knowledge and provide mentorship to improve capabilities across the team and wider company.
- Contribute to our existing data science capability and communicate key analyses and results within Entia.
- Be pro-active in helping to develop an understanding of our problem space, and help us test and develop faster.
You must have
- Experience in developing and owning software solutions in Python to novel problems with unpredictable input (examples include computer vision, signal processing, machine learning, cell-counting, etc.).
- A background in applying fundamental statistical concepts to complex real-world problems.
- A track-record in identifying and experimenting with a variety of data-driven algorithmic techniques, and an ability to relate context to modelling and analysis assumptions.
- Experience in the design of experiments and working with data to form hypotheses and solve problems.
- Experienced at communicating effectively with technical and non technical stakeholders.
- Able to take a pro-active lead to defining and solving problems.
- Highly proficient with standard data science techniques e.g. pandas, matplotlib, seaborn etc. to clean and manipulate messy data to gain insights and visualise.
- Experience developing solutions that utilise computer vision and image processing techniques.
Good to have but not essential
- Experience supporting the definition of hardware that will provide data for machine-learning/signal processing systems.
- Experience in heavily regulated industries working to standards, including the development of medical and diagnostic devices.
- Experience delivering complex data science projects in a medical context.
- Experience in various stages of clinical trial design and analysis.
- An understanding of fluid rheology and blood.
- Experience working within Agile/Lean methodologies/teams.
- Experience in writing production level code, especially on embedded platforms.
- Experience in working with structured and unstructured datasets to quickly form.
What we can offer you
This is an opportunity to work in a unique multi-disciplinary team who are pushing the bounds with the development of the first-of-its-kind diagnostic device. Our teams are structured in a way that allows us to rapidly deliver value to patients which we believe is by a process of continuously challenging ourselves to learn more and to deliver better.
A salary between £65k to £75k externally benchmarked and reviewed annually against inflation and performance
What we can offer you
A chance to make real impact
...both to the people you work with and for millions of people living with cancer through our collaborations with world-leading research institutions, healthcare providers and companies.
Smart people who will change the world
We're building a flexible and fun work environment filled with a very diverse group of passionate and incredibly capable people, where we expect you to challenge the status quo and make real change
A luxurious 43 days off each year (30 days annual leave, 8 flexi-bank holidays taken whenever you like and 5 days of company shutdown at the end of each year), plus volunteering days & sabbatical opportunities
Generous (and equal) Maternity, Paternity and Adoption policies that start to accrue as soon as your probation finishes
We build relationships across the team with our annual company trip, monthly coffee/lunch on us budget, team social events, hack days (and occasional karaoke)
A monthly learning and development budget to support your career and development, fascinating lunch and learns sessions put on by the team, or long table lunches (where work talk is banned)
Salary Sacrifice Schemes
Flexible salary sacrifice benefits schemes including cycle to work, TechScheme, Electric Vehicle scheme and an employer pension contribution of 3% total salary (not just qualifying earnings!)
A high quality Employee Assistance Programme that offers face-to-face and virtual counselling to support you and your family through personal and professional challenges
Valuable Tech and Tools
We provide a range of tech for you, a lively central London workspace and are always working to ensure you have what you need to do great work here. Plus office dog days.
Working for a world where we all live longer and better lives because treatments are personalised to us.
Senior Data Scientist
Loading application form
Already working at Entia?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.