Permanent, Full-Time, Hybrid (typically >60% per week)
At Entia we believe time is our most valuable resource.
We help improve the experience and outcomes of cancer treatment by building medical devices that enable treatment from cancer patients' homes.
We are backed by some of the UK’s leading investors and are working with globally recognised healthcare providers.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who can manage and continuously improve our production systems, and help ensure high availability of the Liberty service. This person will have ownership of the infrastructure and you should feel comfortable delegating responsibilities to team members, upskilling them as required. We are seeking a good problem solver who is able work independently by prioritising their tasks based off of big picture thinking.
What you’ll do:
- Building and setting up development tools and infrastructure
- Working closely with software developers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Automation and improvement of the development and release processes
- Identifying technical problems and developing fixes for them
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Maintaining and supporting infrastructure for production environments
You must have:
- Proficient skills in AWS (ECS) in combination with IaC(Pulumi/Terraform)
- Use of Containers using Docker
- Experience in setting up and running production environment for the live application
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently with big picture thinking
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- Knowledge of software development and documentation practices
- Experience with Logging, Monitoring and Alerting systems such as Datadog
Good to have (but not essential)
- Experience in programming languages, preferably Python
- Experience with the following web stack: PostgreSQL, Django and GraphQL
- Using Gitlab CI/CD
- Experience with Pulumi
- Experience with SAST/DAST, CSPM and other security tools
- Knowledge of OWASP Top Ten and other security advisories and implement good practices
- Previous experience of having worked in a startup environment
To deliver our Mission, we need people who:
- Share our values and believe in our Mission wholeheartedly
- Are curious about the world around them and can’t help but ask “Why?”, who challenge assumptions and seek the real problems that need to be solved
- Enjoy working and building relationships with a diverse range of highly capable, multi-disciplinary people
- Think flexibly and proactively to identify and collaboratively solve problems or explore opportunities
- Love learning
- Are motivated by adapting and responding to change, are at ease with uncertainty, excited by the unknown and enjoy a tricky challenge!
- Aspire to be leaders who unite and teach others, proactively give and seek feedback and who value coaching and facilitation
What we can offer you:
- You’ll have responsibility for the deployment of a system that connects cancer patients with doctors, giving cancer patients more time at home and less time in hospitals
- The chance to be involved in the creation and improvement of systems, processes and culture with far-reaching impact
- A flexible and fun work environment filled with passionate and extremely capable people
- We value learning, so using prototyping / experimental designs to create valuable knowledge and understanding for your team mates, and develop your own DevOps skill, is an important part of your role
- You’ll be the DevOps expert within the company and are able to guide the company in the solution that is adopted
- The Company operates with multifunctional teams, with an opportunity to work within a diverse set of projects/skill sets/technologies
A salary between £45-60,000 externally benchmarked and reviewed annually against inflation and performance
What we can offer you
A chance to make real impact
...both to the people you work with and for millions of people living with cancer through our collaborations with world-leading research institutions, healthcare providers and companies.
Smart people who will change the world
We're building a flexible and fun work environment filled with a very diverse group of passionate and incredibly capable people, where we expect you to challenge the status quo and make real change
A luxurious 43 days off each year (30 days annual leave, 8 flexi-bank holidays taken whenever you like and 5 days of company shutdown at the end of each year), plus volunteering days & sabbatical opportunities
Generous (and equal) Maternity, Paternity and Adoption policies that start to accrue as soon as your probation finishes
We build relationships across the team with our annual company trip, monthly coffee/lunch on us budget, team social events, hack days (and occasional karaoke)
A monthly learning and development budget to support your career and development, fascinating lunch and learns sessions put on by the team, or long table lunches (where work talk is banned)
Salary Sacrifice Schemes
Flexible salary sacrifice benefits schemes including cycle to work, TechScheme, Electric Vehicle scheme and an employer pension contribution of 3% total salary (not just qualifying earnings!)
A high quality Employee Assistance Programme that offers face-to-face and virtual counselling to support you and your family through personal and professional challenges
Valuable Tech and Tools
We provide a range of tech for you, a lively central London workspace and are always working to ensure you have what you need to do great work here. Plus office dog days.
Working for a world where we all live longer and better lives because treatments are personalised to us.
Loading application form
Already working at Entia?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.