Medical Director (US)
Permanent, Full Time, Remote.
We’re looking for a US based Medical Director to join Entia’s Commercial Team.
You’ll validate and develop opportunities for our oncology solutions by engaging with healthcare professionals and providers. The opportunities you identify will shape our commercial strategy and inform how we will continue to improve the delivery of cancer care.
You will be the Medical Lead for Oncology at Entia, sharing your expertise with the wider business. You will act and represent us in this capacity where required to commercial partners and healthcare professionals.
Entia is spearheading the shift in cancer care from hospital to home. We work in partnership with patients, and world renowned healthcare centres to deliver virtual solutions that transform cancer care. Our approach empowers patients with freedom, allowing them to reclaim their personal time, outside of healthcare settings. We help improve patient access to care whilst delivering unique insights to support better outcomes for cancer treatment.
We’re backed by some of the UK’s leading investors and linked with many top healthcare providers. We have unique, award-winning technology that is targeting major global healthcare markets to improve the lives of millions of people.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a detailed understanding of clinical care pathways for specific cancer treatments by engaging with patients, healthcare professionals, providers and payers.
- Identify and map key clinical stakeholders across care pathways and their responsibilities
- Identify clinical needs, pain points and opportunities within these pathways
- Explore whether these clinical needs can be addressed via Entia’s technology with the product development team
- Develop commercially viable business cases to address the clinical needs
- Help maintain and cultivate Entia’s positive culture
- Work collaboratively with both the commercial team and product development team to develop the viability of product opportunities
- Presenting proposals back to the senior management team and working with them to select projects to move forward
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with external medical experts, including academic societies.
- A detailed understanding of healthcare systems and care delivery in the US market
- Excellent clinical and scientific understanding of oncology, preferably solid tumours, including breast, ovarian and lung cancer
- Existing relationships with oncology healthcare professionals and operational managers at US healthcare centres
- Prior experience of writing up clinical business cases or value propositions
- Experience and a proven track-record in a relevant medical/scientific role, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of US healthcare reimbursement
- The ability to have both a reactive and proactive approach to opportunities, as appropriate
- A talent for quickly establishing a rapport and building professional relationships, and you’ll be comfortable engaging with a high number of people
- Medical, pharmacy or advanced scientific degree essential
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- An understanding and appreciation of Entia’s values of responsibility, community, ambition, improvement, and quality
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to hold a position that will shape the future of a rapidly growing company at the forefront of a new healthcare sector
- The chance to be involved in the creation and improvement of systems, processes and culture with far-reaching impact
- A flexible and fun work environment filled with passionate, interesting, and extremely capable people
- Regular company events - team building events, social activities, and trips
At Entia we want to transform the experience of living with life-changing health conditions. Our innovative devices help people treat and manage conditions like cancer and anaemia from home, and are created with the user at the heart of the development process.
Entia is backed by some of the UK’s leading investors and we have unique, award-winning technology and designs.