Senior Software Test Engineer
Entia Ltd, Highbury, London, UK
Permanent, Full Time
We’re looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer to join Entia’s Development team. You’ll work with our team of back and frontend engineers to find and report defects and bugs on our web application. You’ll be responsible for running both manual and automated tests, as well as for promoting a culture of good code quality in Entia.
Entia is a collection of multidisciplinary experts with a passion for improving the lives of people living with health conditions. With our products, we allow people to enjoy their lives with family and friends; free from the stress of constant hospital appointments and safe in the knowledge that their health is being monitored. Our home solutions are created from the ground-up with the user at the heart of the development process, and in partnership with healthcare services around the world. Entia is backed by some of the UK’s leading investors and is linked with many top healthcare providers. We have unique, award-winning technology and designs and are targeting major global healthcare markets.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll help us deliver an engaging web application to ensure health care practitioners have a fantastic experience accessing our services.
- You’ll test front-end and back-end systems, ensuring that they work as expected.
- You’ll be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and other defects which impact the quality of our services. You’ll have experience of manual testing and be able to demonstrate your passion for software testing.
- You’ll also support our embedded software team, mentoring and sharing knowledge of good software testing practices and contributing to device testing and reviews
- You’ll perform a mixture of manual and automated testing
- Help maintain and cultivate the Entia’s positive culture
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies and the appropriateness of each to a piece of software
- The ability to record bugs in an analytical and detailed manner within a bug tracking system
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both in writing and verbally. You can build and maintain lasting professional relationships
- The ability to document test execution results, including supporting evidence where required
- Experience of testing in an agile environment and prioritising bugs
- Knowledge and experience of automated testing
- Previous experience of working in a regulated environment, such as with ISO 127001
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent industrial experience) in computer science or a related field
- ISTQB certification
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to join a rapidly growing company at the forefront of a new healthcare sector
- The chance to be involved in the creation and improvement of testing systems and processes with far-reaching impact
- A flexible and fun work environment filled with passionate and extremely capable people
- Regular company events - team building events, social activities