Senior Frontend Engineer
Permanent, Full Time, Remote.
At Entia we want to transform the experience of living with life-changing health conditions. Our innovative devices help people treat and manage conditions like cancer and anaemia from home, and are created with the user at the heart of the development process.
We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our diverse and experienced engineering team of Embedded and Backend Engineers. As our first Frontend Engineer, you’ll be instrumental in establishing a new product and best-in-class ways of working. You’ll have the opportunity to build up the codebase from scratch, setting up a greenfield project. You’ll work collaboratively with Designers, Product Managers, Testers and Backend Engineers.
Entia is backed by some of the UK’s leading investors and we have unique, award-winning technology and designs.
What you’ll do:
- Build a brand new frontend platform that helps clinicians manage and monitor patients
- Work collaboratively with the Design team to provide a technical perspective on iterations of the product
- Work closely with the Backend team to ensure the services and APIs roadmap is aligned with yours
- Continuously integrate high quality, testable code via code reviews and automated formatting, linting, and testing
- Help to shape user experience, journeys
- Write user stories, technical stories and acceptance criteria to maintain a tight backlog
- Influence our tech stack and help us run an efficient Agile workflow
- Help maintain and cultivate the Entia’s positive culture
You must have:
- Significant experience of using Git
- Proficiency with at least one modern front end web library/framework, e.g. React, Vue.js, Angular.
- Proficiency with front end test frameworks, e.g. Jest, Mocka
- Experience developing single page apps that interact with back-end ReST APIs
- Experience in Test Driven Development and development of front-end unit tests
- Experience with a greenfield build, building excellent foundations from scratch
- Experience in applying a consistent UI through components and UI libraries
- Experience working in Agile teams and workflows
- A preference for working collaboratively with Designers, Product Managers, Testers and Backend Engineers
Good to have:
- Experience developing dashboard/platform/data visualisation products
- Experience deploying front end software, including static content hosting, CDNs, DNS configuration.
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience working in a complex, regulated environment
- Proficiency in TypeScript
- Interested in our mission to improve the lives of people with chronic conditions
- A great communicator, who is able to explain technical concepts and constraints clearly
- Resourceful and proactive in solving problems
- Eager to develop and improve, and actively seek feedback
- A genuine believer in diversity, fairness and inclusion
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to join a rapidly growing company at the forefront of a new healthcare sector
- The chance to help create and improve our systems, processes and culture, with far-reaching impact
- A flexible and fun work environment filled with passionate and extremely capable people
- Regular company events – team building events and social activities
- Remote position with 1 day a week expected in the office when we return to normal operations.
How we work:
Our environment is highly collaborative, innovative and fast-paced. Through the current pandemic the majority of our team is working from home, but we stay connected through daily stand-ups, Slack chats, demos and team activities.
We live by our values, which are deeply embedded in our behaviours. Our culture celebrates:
- Ambition - we aim high and plan to get there
- Improvement - we reflect together and grow together
- Community - we work in a hive, not a bubble
- Quality - we always put quality on the agenda
Our current tech stack and project tools:
- Git as our VCS
- Gitlab to manage our source code and CI
- JIRA to manage the backlog and Agile workflow
- Django-powered backend ReSTful API
- Docker for dependency tracking and dev/prod parity
- Slack and Google Meet for our comms
- Figma to manage our design assets
- Miro for collaborative whiteboard work (we do this a lot)
- We need YOU to research and recommend our frontend stack. We're fans of Vue.js, React, Webpack, Typescript, and curious about GraphQL...
Sounds like you? If so, please send us your CV with a couple of lines about why you're interested in the role.