Embedded Software Team Lead
Engineering · Entia
At Entia we want to transform the experience of living with life-changing health conditions.
Embedded Software Team Lead
Permanent, Full Time
We’re looking for an Embedded Software Team Lead to join Entia’s Engineering team. You’ll work closely with our Design and Electronics teams, as well as with other Entia Developers, to develop innovative and groundbreaking technology in the patient-side testing field. You’ll have the opportunity to interact directly with clients and partners, to get detailed insights into the entire product development lifecycle of medical technology.
At Entia we want to transform the experience of living with life-changing health conditions. Our innovations help people treat and manage conditions like cancer and chronic anaemia from home, giving them the freedom to spend more time with family and friends.
Our latest solution, Luma was launched to provide essential support to patients who were affected by the capacity pressures that Covid-19 introduced throughout the healthcare system. Luma allows healthcare professionals to deliver virtual care through the combination of a blood analyser, mobile applications and personalised support.
Our next product is helping to redefine cancer treatment by allowing people to receive the highest quality of care, all from the comfort of their home. Working in partnership with pharma and healthcare, we are able to offer unique monitoring solutions that allow for more personalised decisions to be made and for the full potential of treatments to be realised.
We’re backed by some of the UK’s leading investors and linked with many top healthcare providers. We have unique, award-winning technology that is targeting major global healthcare markets to improve the lives of millions of people.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a small team of embedded software engineers, including undertaking their career development, regular one-to-ones, coaching, and pastoral care
- Define best practice for embedded software development across the full lifecycle
- Design, develop, test, review, and debug system software
- Oversee the verification and validation of firmware
- Manage and enhance existing software products
- Maintain software quality throughout the complete product lifecycle
- Help maintain and cultivate the Entia’s positive culture
- Previous experience of having line managed a team, or of having coached or mentored more junior staff
- Proficiency with C/C++ for embedded systems and Python in embedded systems
- Demonstrable ability to deliver high quality embedded software in a startup environment
- Knowledge of software design, development and documentation practices in EN62304 environments or an equivalent industry standard
- Excellent knowledge of version control, CI and HIL test for embedded systems
- Experience developing for embedded Linux (eg. Yocto, Buildroot)
- A bachelor's degree in embedded systems, computer engineering, computer science (or a related field), or equivalent industrial experience
Good to have:
- Previous experience of having worked in a startup environment
- Experience with Linux kernel development
- Familiarity with working in a agile project environment
- Open, transparent and collaborative
- Welcoming of constructive and helpful feedback, and are happy to give it to others. You’ll also not be shy of giving praise where praise is due
- Interested in good development practices and keen to do things the right way
- Self-motivated and happy to take ownership of your tasks
- Great at building and maintaining relationships and connecting across technical, product and creative cultures
- Genuinely interested in people, you enjoy helping people grow and develop
- Resourceful and proactive in solving problems
- A consistently proactive and positive attitude
- A genuine believer in diversity, inclusion and fairness
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to join a rapidly growing company at the forefront of a new healthcare sector
- The chance to be involved in the creation and improvement of systems, processes and culture with far-reaching impact
- A flexible and fun work environment filled with passionate and extremely capable people
- Regular company events - team building events, social activities, and trips